Sunday, May 5, 2024

A visit with my dad.

When I was on my way to my appointment with the audiologist last Monday I passed by the cemetery where my dad is buried. I had time so I stopped to visit.

My dad always had a green thumb and grew flowers and vegetables. It was fitting when I saw these growing in front of his headstone.  This picture is actually sideways but the blogger app on my phone won't upload a picture in portrait for some reason. I took a few extra steps to make sure the last picture didn't come to you sideways.

Then I snapped a quick picture of these two pieces that are next to the headstone.



The taller of the two I didn't realize when I took the picture that I cut off the top. That one is from the Knights of Columbus.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never seen a more lovely headstone. You can tell he was a wonderful man and greatly loved.

CheerfulMonk said...

I agree with Ginny, it's beautiful and clearly he was well-loved. That helps a lot. I'm glad you are close enough to visit.

MadSnapper said...

I love the reflection of you in the headstone, a beautiful photo of your dad's headstone and it tells a lot about him, just with a photo. Glad you stopped to visit and share your moment. about your landscape, does the photo take in landscape but the upload changes it? we have the same phone, so if you want we can match my settings to yours. mine are uploaded to Google photos and then I get them from there

Rose said...

That is a great headstone...

Donna said...

Beautiful headstone, Ann...I know you miss him.
Love the tiny flowers! So pretty!
Big hugs to you my friend.
Donna

Pam said...

Honey, I need to teach you how to take a pic! lol....I am hoping that one of my brothers keeps flowers on mom and dads grave since they are now over an hour away.

Lori said...

Very nice headstone. My father died in 1993 and I still miss him SO very much. It looks like Spring has finally arrived in your area.

DeniseinVA said...

It's a very nice headstone. So nice you can visit your Dad and how lovely to see those violets, knowing he had such a green thumb, almost like he's saying hello. I liked those signs. I have been to cemeteries where they have similar ones from the Civil War, I think the place was near Leesburg. Thanks for sharing this special visit, very much missed I'm sure.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so glad you got to visit your dad. ((Hugs))

Jeanette said...

That is a beautiful headstone. I see your dad passed at 70 like my mom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails