Thursday, May 30, 2024

Laundry

 I told you about my poor washing machine that bit the dust. After the second trip to the laundromat I was whining about how much I hated going. May 17th, I was leaving work and one of the managers asked if I was still looking for a washer. She said her cousin was selling one for $100, it was 5 years old but worked good. Apparently he split up with his wife and he didn't have room for the washer where he moved to. She said if I wanted it, her and her husband would pick it up and deliver it for me.

The next day I had a new to me washer. Yes, it's used but it does work and I don't have to go to the laundromat any more. Or at least as long as this one holds out. I suppose expecting this one to last the 30 years that the old one did is asking a bit much.


It's even the same brand as the old one.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! How wonderful!!!!

MadSnapper said...

a working washer is a NEED these days, we can always dry things outside of hanging in the tub/shower.. washing is the most important. this is up there with minor miracle to me.. so happy have this without breaking the bank account

Rose said...

I am glad your manager told you about this one...it may not last 30 years, but bet it lasts a good while. And it is only your and Gibbs laundry, so not doing as many loads as with a husband and kids. I love that it has diaks instead of buttons to press.

Lori said...

YAY!! What a great coincidence when you needed it. I'm sure you'll get more than the 100.00 out of it.

Barwitzki said...

Well, maybe you'll be lucky and it'll last 25 years...
but really congratulations on the new washing machine. How fortunate.
I've actually never stopped being happy about my washing machine... I still remember very well how my mother did laundry when I was a child and came home from school on Saturdays... Wash house - bleaching on the lawn - cooking in the Kessel - and the fear that it won't rain.
I've never been to a laundromat in my life. I only know it from movies.
A cheerful greeting comes to you from Viola.
p.s. Have fun doing laundry.

Donna said...

Well, I'll bet it last for a good long while!
Nice of the manager to offer!
hugs
Donna

happyone said...

That turned out great for you. Good thing you didn't go out and buy a new one right away.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so happy for you!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh that’s great, and perfect timing! Really happy for you!

susan q said...

My used Maytag front loading washing machine also bit the dust a year ago after last 14 years. So I had to buy a scratch and dent Whirlpool top loading machine. How I miss the used Maytag. Just not used to an agitating washer. Glad you were able to get yours delivered and hope it lasts at least 20 years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails