Thursday, May 9, 2024

Happy mail for me.

 Last Friday I got home from work and there was not one but two things in the mailbox that I just knew were going to bring a smile to my face.


The first one was from blog friend Denise She sent a postcard with the most beautiful picture on it that she said is from around where she lives. She also included some basil seeds and fun stickers.

The second was from a friend I met through Wade. He used to work with her husband and we became friends. I recently added her to my happy mail list and she liked the idea and started a happy mail list of her own. This was a card that she made.

The inside has this really cool butterfly that you plant and it's supposed to grow flowers.. With my lack of green thumb, I won't hold my breath on the flowers or the basil but it will be fun to try.


12 comments:

Katerinas Blog said...

Popo how beautiful and romantic!
When I was a kid we chatted via mail with other kids we knew at camp or on vacation!
I can imagine your surprise and joy.
It connects people differently something that is tangible!

Ginny Hartzler said...

So awesome and thoughtful!

CheerfulMonk said...

That's so neat! People spreading happy thoughts and love.

Rose said...

I love the photo on the card from.Denise and love the other card, too.

MadSnapper said...

you are spreading the joy to others of the happy mail trail.. they are paying it forward and so are you.. I need a sign to hang on my neck, I am a bad person, I don't do mail! only the electronic kind. I got a happy mail from a blogger yesterday, a pretty praying for you card, in the mail box, with a stamp. ha ha.. I did not write letters or cards as a child, I am my fathers daughter. mother wrote letters and cards by the dozens

Donna said...

I don't think I've ever seen a card with seeds to plant! Cool idea!
Happy planting...
hugs
Donna

Jeanette said...

SO nice and thoughtful!

happyone said...

Fun to receive those thoughtful gifts from friends. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Three cheers for good friends and snail mail!

DeniseinVA said...

Ah, that’s a lovely card from your friend, and the butterfly seed paper. What a great idea! You’ve started a great trend here Ann, spreading the joy!

Lori said...

How awesome!! Happy Mail is so nice to send and receive.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray for a better day and the mail you got with some sweet gifts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails