Saturday, May 25, 2024

I hate full sheet cakes

 It's a good think I don't get many orders for full sheet cakes. I don't know why, but I hate doing them. I think it's because it always seems to take me so much longer to get them frosted. Then of course the size and it's harder to move it around on my table.

This was the most recent full sheet cake order. He just wanted the writing and the music notes. He asked for the red color and normally I use a red that is pre-mixed. I was out of it and told him that if I had to mix it myself it would have more of a pink color to it. He said to go ahead and do the best I could. Some customers are so understanding.

Any way, this is what I did.



9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great job on the notes. Now I am curious about this band and what is going on!

Donna said...

Well, I think you did a great job of it!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

If he told me to write this, I would say, what band? welcome to where? Why is it this time of year when school is letting out... your mission is to practice asking questions so you can tell me and Ginny the answers to our questions.. love the cake. perfect notes...

Rose said...

I can sure understand why you dislike doing the full sheet...

DeniseinVA said...

It’s a beautiful cake but I can see how it would be more difficult to move around and work on.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think it came out really nice. Sorry you don't like doing the big ones as much.

happyone said...

I think you did a great job. One thing, on a sheet cake you get more room to be creative. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

The color turned out beautifully...as did the decorations. I love looking at your cakes.

Katerinas Blog said...

Anna, well done,
you made very beautiful letters,
I also worked in a confectionery workshop,
very creative but tiring work!
Have a beautiful week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails