Friday, May 31, 2024

In my yard

 Sunday May 19th was a typical Sunday. I got up at 3:00 am, went to work and then came home. Once there I sat for a bit then started working on cooking dinner. Amanda and her husband were going to get mulch and she asked if I wanted some. Lowe's had it on sale. Since my front was starting to look pretty bad I said yes. 

They brought me 10 bags of mulch and as I looked at the pile sitting at the top of my driveway I thought I would just go out and start doing the weeding. Once I weeded both sides I then thought maybe I should just start putting the mulch down. 8 bags later I was done.






Apparently I was being watched while I was doing the work. No sooner did I have everything cleaned up and I noticed that fairies had started building a little village right there by the iris.





8 comments:

MadSnapper said...

ha ha ho ho he he who knew PA has fairy's. I have to say you look fine in your jeans and you are like I am. I cant tell you how many times I decided to START something and ended up finishing that and more... it looks great but you forgot to do the whole house. mulch does make everything look great. its like drawing darkening crayons to outline our pictures.

Rose said...

That really looks nice! Maybe the fairies will keep it weed free for a while.

Donna said...

Everything looks spiffy now! That's a lot of hard work!
hugs
Donna

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks lovely, so all your hard work was worth it. My, you have energy! I am exhausted just reading about it. The fairy village is adorable!! You turn everything into fun!!

DeniseinVA said...

Your front garden bed looks great, and I love the fairy village. I am getting ideas here, thanks Ann.

happyone said...

Mulch makes everything look so much nicer. Not surprised that the fairies moved in. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a lot of work, but it looks great!

Lori said...

Excellent job!! That is a lot of work. My front beds need weeeded SO badly. It's raining today but I hope to get out there tomorrow and handle it. I love fairy gardens and I hope they magically keep your weeds away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails