Wednesday, May 8, 2024

What's a day off?

 This past Saturday I was sound asleep when my phone started ringing at 6:35AM. They needed me to come in again for the bakery. The deli manager is still sick and couldn't stay. She's been having a lot of trouble and I do worry about her. 

I hadn't slept well the night before so I told them it would be a while but I would be there. I got dressed and made sure I got a cup of coffee in me before I headed off to work. This kind of ruined my plans of going to the laundromat early before it got busy. 

I got to work at 7:30 and got everything done by 10:30. It was a no frills day, just the basics. The extras would have to wait for the next day. 

Next stop was the laundromat. I lucked out and when I got there I only saw one other person. It's possible there were more people with clothes in washers because while I was there 3 people came in, put their clothes in a washer and left.

Thankfully this place is not out of the way. It's between home and work. The worst part was that when I left the house to go to work, I put the laundry in the car but forgot to grab quarters and the laundry soap. Good thing I work in a grocery store that had both. 

It took $3 in quarters and 30 minutes and I was heading home. My dryer still works fine so I just needed to wash everything.





11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh gosh. Well at least you didn't have to stay through a drying cycle!! That store is getting more and more pesky!!!

MadSnapper said...

I remember when drying was a dime and washers were 1 quarter. the only time I went to the Laundromat since living here I nearly fainted at the cost. I had to use 3 washers, clothes, towels, sheets. that was in 2018, I had to go look at my blog, the thing is, I have a label, Laundromat and got several posts about my visit, and about 90 photos. how many photos did you take? ha ha

Lori said...

I hope your co worker is ok. It's always a worry when someone calls in a few times that normally doesn't.
Glad you have somewhere close by to do the washing. I hope today is a good day for you.

Rose said...

It has been a while since I was to the laundromat, but I can't remember why I went last time. And I have a huge reg quilt I need to.take now... fircwashing and drying the first time to catch all that stuff.

Sandee said...

Sorry you didn't get a day off as planned, but glad you got your laundry washed. We did the laundromat when we were doing our remodel. It took us back to our early days.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Jeanette said...

I remember doing that! Glad the laundry mat was not busy!

DeniseinVA said...

You surely deserve a medal for going in on your day off!!! Good to know the laundry visit went smoothly.

Pam said...

Laundry matts are great for getting a bunch of laundry done in a short amount of time since you have more washers and dryers going at the same time. Three bucks? I always waited till I have so many clothes and it cost me a lot more. Course, this is when I was holding out on doing it cause I could not climb the stairs and do laundry. It was easier to take it and do it that way....so nice having my laundry right off the kitchen. Hoping you get that fixed soon and get a day off that they don't call you in.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad having to go to work didn't mess you up with the laundromat. I do wish you had more time off, though. I worry about you.

The Happy Whisk said...

That was nice of you to even take the call and then nice of you to go in. Glad you only needed the washer. Been there, done that. Never fun.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry you had to go in again. Glad you were able to get the clothes washed and then dry them at home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails