Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Just my two cents.

 Saturday, April, 27 wasn't such a good day. Oh it started out ok. The typical day off where I sleep in a little, slowly wake up with coffee and blogs. Then I got the ambition to get some housework done. I had done the bedroom and bathroom, thrown in a load of laundry and started working on mopping the kitchen, living room, dining room area. Part way through mopping I get a text message from work asking if I could come in and finish the bakery. The deli manager who works bakery on my days off has been sick and she went home. She's not one to call off so I knew it was for a good reason.

It only took me a half hour to finish up what she didn't get to so that wasn't bad at all. The trouble started when I got back home. I put the laundry in the dryer and started a load with towels and some rugs. Later I go back to check on it, lift the lid and the washer is full of water. The washer has washed it's last load.



Am I upset? Well sure, everything seems to be breaking down on me. However, this washer is over 30 years old and I would say it has served me well. I dread the thought of going to a laundromat but until I get the car taken care of a new washer will have to wait.

So my big question is, why do washers always kick the bucket when they are full of water? Why can't they go through the spin cycle and then die?

I went about scooping water out and found my two cents at the bottom of the washer



I won't be considering these lucky pennies.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief! Well, at least it didn't leak all over the floor like our son's did. Flooded the basement. I bet you can get a new one on payments.

Katerinas Blog said...

Some days are more difficult than others.
You will replace the laundry and all will be well!
Be well and take care of yourself!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yuck! That sucks!

MadSnapper said...

OH NOOOO! you are so right, I have never had one break down with no water in it. You will hate the new ones, Rose and I both got one a couple years back and the new ones are horrid.. just so you know.. I do really hate laundromats. I used to hand wash the small things when I did not have a washer. and dry them in the bathroom, if you have a line outside you could try that.

Donna said...

Oh nooo...well, maybe it's just something simple? Can you call a repairman? Maybe it's not bad news after all. It's also cheaper to fix then buy right now. He could at least give you an estimate. That way you'd have time to get another one...We have a shop here that sells refurbished ones.
Love the two cents...
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Why does it always seem that multiple things at once always happen? I feel that way too. It can't be just one big problem, it has to be two or three. So sorry for what you're dealing with. No those two pennies are not good luck. I hope today is a good day for you. You deserve one.

Jeanette said...

That is so true! It always seems to happen doesn't it. I once had a dishwasher bite the dust after a huge party where it was full of dishes with a second load waiting on the counter! Fun times!

Rose said...

Oh, my.. you have had more than your share bad luck this past bit. I thought you were going to say you went to check and found water all over the floor.

Pam said...

It's always something! My dryer is 18 years old and when I moved to my childhood home, it fell off the ramp coming out of the truck, cause Caleb thought he could handle it on his own....anyway, I had to have work done on it to fix it. My washer....wow, can't actually remember the age of it. I will have to go look, I started taking a sharpie and writing the date on things like this but that might have been after I got the washer. But, like I said, when you own a home, a car and anything else of value, its always something. So sorry you are dealing with all that.

Sandee said...

Yikes on the washer and you're right they always die with it's full of water. Bugger. I hear you on the two cents.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

DeniseinVA said...

Oh boy! What a complete pain! We've had ours full of water and it quit on us two years ago. I hope that's a lucky two-cents for you. Fingers crossed! Our appliances only seem to last about ten years and everything likes to go at once, except this last time when we had to buy a new washer. The dryer is still ticking. We are still waiting on buying a new dish washer. Figured we could do without for a while. Keeping fingers crossed on our 200,000-on-the-mileage car!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

To answer your question: It is because often it is the pump that goes wrong, so the water remains in the washing machine.

Now a question for you and your readers: why is it when you place a red item in the washing machine other items can all turn pink. But it does not happen with green, yellow, or other colours?

God bless.

Liz Hinds said...

I think our washing machine is on its way out too. I am impressed with how long yours has lasted!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, sorry you had to go into work on your day off. Glad you got some housework done. So sorry about the washing machine. It is always something. That's where I am right now, every single day something happens and I just can't handle it anymore. Your take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails