Saturday, August 3, 2024

A four day weekend.

 I was feeling more than ready for a little vacation time so I took a 4 day weekend from Friday 7/26 through Monday &/29. Usually when I take time off I make plans to do things and then end up sitting at home just wasting the time. This time I was bound and determined to make the most of it.

It started on Friday. This was just a "me" day. I drove to Woodcock dam and did a little walking. I'm breaking this down into 2 different posts and today I'll show you pictures of my walk through the nature trail.

I don't know how far I walked but after I climbed over two down trees across the trail I decided it was probably a good idea to turn around and head back.

It was a rather warm day but walking through the woods it was nice and cool. 




I don't know if this is a tree that was growing this way or tree roots but I thought they looked rather cool.

This was the beginning of the trail.




This last picture was about where I ended up turning around and going back. I had gone down a hill to get to this point so it was quite a climb to get back to the top.


8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The root of that tree looks like a giant snake. I would have screamed and ran. My very favorite is the third one, with the beautiful light! Good for you for getting out in nature!

Rose said...

Oh, I so love all of these and wish I could be there. That one you dont know what it is looks like Paris of a wildcgeape vine..though I am not sure there. They will grow to the tops of big trees...and whenever were kids we woukd cut them off, and pull on them to make sure they woukd take our weight...and would swing on them like Tarzan. They will eventually get old even then and eventually fall when you swing on them.

MadSnapper said...

this is beautiful and a walk I would love, especially with you.. I could sit on that bench by the creek and just absorb all the nature, it is calming, even more than the iPad. plus it was Excercise and NOT IN THE HOUSE.. good idea, good job following through. waiting to see what else you did

Lin said...

Oooh, nice! I always feel like its a vacation when I get out in nature. I hope you are feeling rejuvenated!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a nice day and the path you traveled looks lovely. Good for you! That one picture is definitely weird. I guess it might be a tree root.

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like great exercise and such a pretty walk The tree root makes a for a fascinating photo too.

HappyK said...

Nice that you got some time off to enjoy.
The 'root' looks like an old grape vine. We have lots of them on our property.

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m so glad you took some time off and did it,

Related Posts with Thumbnails