Sunday, August 4, 2024

Woodcock Dam part 2

 After leaving the nature trail I went across the road and headed towards the dam. You walk across the top of it and I'm not sure how far it actually goes but I didn't go the whole way.

This one is heading over towards the dam


Here is the road/trail that goes across the top of it


It was such a pretty area. The view from one side



And the view on the other side


After I left here I went to  KFC for lunch. When I walked in the girl behind the counter pointed out their senior menu for 65 and over. I could have pointed out to her that I wasn't quite that old just yet but instead I figured 62 was close enough and I took the deal.



12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I need to get one of these meals! I bet you were starving after that walk!

Ginny Hartzler said...

They have a whole menu for seniors?

Katerinas Blog said...

There seems to be peace there!
Very beautiful pictures Ann.
The meal looks very tasty!!
Have a beautiful and creative Sunday!!

Rose said...

The KFC near us closed.. that dam holds back a lot of water! Does it have a lot of boats, etc in summer?

Donna said...

Looks like Our dam...
Lol...glad you took the deal!
hugs
Donna

Pam said...

And what a deal it was since you are old enough yet...lol.....nice walk.

MadSnapper said...

I just said to Bob yesterday, how long since we had KFC? we can't remember. a year maybe. looks like everyone is enticing seniors to come their, even Golden Corrall changed theirs to include a free drink. the food looks fantastic and so does the area around the dam.. you did great for your stay vacation.

Lori said...

I haven't had KFC in probably 10 years. The one here just isn't very good. I used to LOVE KFC and yours looks good. Such pretty scenery for your walk. I' glad you got out a bit on your extra time off.

HappyK said...

NICE place to go walking!! :)
KFC closed here a couple of years ago.

CheerfulMonk said...

I‘m glad you took the deal. That’s close enough. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Pretty scenery and as for KFC I had a chuckle because I can relate. All I can say is "Young-uns! lol!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How nice. So glad you had a nice day. Enjoyed your photos. That is interesting about the senior menu. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails