Saturday, August 24, 2024

Best Monday Ever

 Sunday Aug 11, I got a text from my son asking what I was doing on Monday. I replied nothing and he asked if I wanted to watch Presley on Monday from 10:30-5:30. Without hesitation I responded SURE.

We had a lovely chat, and she had her lunch


I had given her the shirt I made and she knew that there was another one that still needed something on it. We headed to the cricut and she picked the design herself. She also helped weed the design and apply it. She decided she wanted it to be on the back of the shirt. Would you believe I forgot to get a picture of the shirt.

We got out all the toys and played with those. Then we went outside and she asked if we could go for a walk. I asked her where she wanted to walk to and she said "I wonder if the library is open?" As luck would have it, they were and they're only a few blocks down the street.

After that we came back home and played in the yard for a while 


I almost forgot, there was coloring as well


Her dad came to pick her up earlier than expected and the next day her mom told me that Presley said "I wasn't ready to leave yet". 
Spending the afternoon with her made for the best Monday ever.











17 comments:

Donna said...

Awww...Isn't it just plain wonderful? She's such a beautiful little one...
Glad you had fun!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

she is a doll baby and I am so happy for you that you had a whole day of grandma time. from what she said to her mom, she had a blast like you did..

Rose said...

I can imagine the joy! I bet you were on cloud nine the rest if the week!

Grace said...

The best evah!

My Mind's Eye said...

YAY I can read the glee and jubilation in every word you wrote.
What a precious day that was and so many memories made.
Presley is a darling little girl. I am partial to little girls...such fun and full of spunk. Just so pretty. It looks like she has red hair or auburn..either way very pretty.
I agree she would love the cute outfit at J Crews
Hugs Cecilia

Lori said...

What a wonderful surprise phone call! I'm so glad the two of you were able to spend time together. It sounds like the perfect day.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh that’s wonderful Ann, sounds like you both had such a great time enjoying each other.

Liz Hinds said...

Days with grandchildren are the BEST!

Jeanette said...

Awww how fun! Nothing better than spending the day with a grandchild!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so happy to read this post. What a wonderful day you had with Presley. Grandchildren are the best!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I bet this was the very best Monday for her, too!! I'm so glad you two had a day of fun together time!! Hoping it continues!!! Maybe they could have a regular date night, and you could have her then.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's so wonderful. I've missed living close to any of my grands. This is such a sweet post!

The Happy Whisk said...

Sounds like an excellent time and I love that you're so close to books. Just a walk away. Cool beans.

HappyK said...

What a wonderful afternoon making great memories. Sounds like a very special day. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m so happy for you! ❤️

Lin said...

SWEET! I'm so glad that you had the day together. You are an awesome grandma! :)

Ida said...

What a fun afternoon you had with Presley. She is getting so big.

Related Posts with Thumbnails