Monday, August 19, 2024

Friday fun

 So I said the other day that I had to work on Monday the 5th and then had off Friday the 9th. It was kind of a dreary day with rain and a bit on the cooler side but I didn't care one single bit.

It all started where any good day off starts


Then I hit the road to head to Espyville, Pa to pick something up from a friends house. 




Before heading home I made a stop at Joann fabrics in Meadville, Pa. I had heard they were going out of business so I wanted to stop and see if that was true. The store sure didn't look like they were closing and the cashier confirmed that it was just a rumor. I browsed through their Halloween stuff.




I think I made a couple other stops before heading home but I really can't recall where I went.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had heard the chain had declared bankruptcy and was going to close. But ours is open and does not look like they are closing either.

CheerfulMonk said...

I hope they don’t close. It sounds like a good store.

MadSnapper said...

I don't think I have ever seen Halloween stuff for sale in a fabric store.. of course I have not been in a huge amount of fabric stores, but I did a few way back when to buy thread for sewing on buttons for to buy buttons. that was BW. before Walamart when we had to go to fabric stores for those things.

Rose said...

I have heard that just some are closing...the one here is such a mess and the last time I was in it, it sure had a lot of empty space.

midorilinea said...

I love Joann Fabrics, one of my favorite craft stores! Looks like they have good stuff now, will have to stop in and check it out! Hope you have an amazing rest of the summer!

xoxo, MidoriLinea

https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/panda-village-koala-world

Sandee said...

Looks like you had the perfect Friday off. Two days off in a row is nice too.

Have a fabulous day off Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you had a good day. Sorry about the weather.

HappyK said...

I think they are just closing some stores. We have one in LaVale and it is always a mess!!
Lots of skeletons - they seem to be the thing lately.

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like you had a fun day. We have a Joann Fabric near us. I’ll have to go check it out when I can.

The Happy Whisk said...

Overall, I don't go into many JF anymore. I miss AC Moore!

Related Posts with Thumbnails