Duke says that before you can see what I did he wants to say hello to all his bloggy pals.
He wasn't taking any chances that I would forget to include him. Now really, how could I. Any way, here's what I did.
I had the letter A done about a week ago but I fussed over the background part forever. I used plain cardboard and the process went something like this
- paint cardboard white, hate it
- try to be artsy and throw in some brush strokes of orange and red to match the scrapbook paper I used. Hate it still.
- paint on a layer of crackle
- paint over crackle layer with white paint. still not liking it much.
- AHA! scrounge around in basement for a can of wood stain and rub on a layer.
- VOILA! I like it finally.
Don't ask me to explain what the little green thing is in the corner. I really have no idea. I just glued a few pieces together and decided it looked like it belonged in a corner of something so there it is.
On a side note. I'm sure you've noticed that the pictures are much larger than what I was posting. I was wondering if it's causing any problems with making my page load slower at all. And also do you prefer the larger pictures or the size that I was posting before?