Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stylish blogger

To my delight and surprise I received the stylish blogger award from Barbara at Barbara's World of Whimcees. I just recently discovered Barbara's blog and I must say I just love it. She makes the cutest things. Every time I stop by and see one of her creations I want to pull out the paper and glue and make my own. If you've never been there you really should stop by and check it out.
So on with the award



Accepting this award, I am asked to do the following:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded me this award.

2. Share 8 things about myself.

3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that I have recently discovered.

4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards.

I just shared 7 things about myself not too long ago so this time I'm going to tell you 8 things about Duke instead
1. Duke loves his toys. He loves to chase them, shake them and chew them. No stuffie shall ever retain it's stuffing if it's going to be one of Duke's toys.
2. I didn't figure Duke as a picky eater until I recently changed dog foods on him and he's been turning his nose up at it.
3. Duke goes back and forth between being a momma's boy and a daddy's boy. He spends more time with me but sometimes just wants to hang out and be one of the guys.
4. He loves to lay on clothes. If I leave a laundry basket sitting out I'll find him snoozing in it on top of the clean laundry. If I leave a jacket or sweater hanging on a chair he'll pull it down on the floor so he can lay on it.
5. Duke is the reason for the new dining room floor. He had a bad habit that resulted in a very disgusting looking spot on the carpet. All efforts to clean the spot were hopeless and the sun beating in through the door and heating that spot up on a daily basis only made things worse.
6. Duke doesn't know how small he is. He thinks that he is our big ferocious and fearless protector. (please don't break the news to him)
7. Duke is a talker. You can't always understand what he's saying but he'll help you figure it out. If I don't know what he's barking about I'll say "show me" (sometimes this needs to be said more than once) He'll then either go sit next to his water dish and bark again, or he'll go to the snack cupboard and put his nose to it then bark.
8. Duke loves to be vacuumed. He's the only dog I've ever had who doesn't head for the hills when the vacuum cleaner comes out. He sits there and watches and waits for me to pull the hose off of it so that he can have his turn.

Now who shall I pass this on to. I haven't really discovered many new blogs lately so I can't come up with 8
My choices are
Cheryl at Cards by Cheryl
Debbie at Designs by Debbie and Dixie too
Helen at Let's Create
Robert at Lost in the Frame of Life
Sandra at MadSnapper
Asma Ahmad at Simple Rhyme

Well I got close to 8 any way. Thank you again Barbara for sharing that wonderful award with me.

31 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Yes you are a stylish blogger, congratulations on your award.It will be fun looking through these other blogs to see what they have.

I thought of you going 50 miles to a craft show yesterday,better than shopping in Black Friday messes.Getting there it only had 25 crafters, many I already had seen. LOL The ad for it looked so good.

Duni said...

Congrats on getting that award! You so deserve it, Ann!
I loved reading about Duke. This is the first time I heard about a dog not running away from the noise of the vacuum cleaner :)

livintheblues said...

Thank you Ann.. for the mention..I don't know if I am as stylish as you and Duke your hard to beat.... :)

Russ said...

Every time the vacuum goes on over here Claudia and I both go and hide.
Nice Award. Hope you have a good weekend.

Jackie said...

I would say you are and duke are both truly styling! Congratulations to the both of you.

As for the toys and carpet I know and understand that. it must be the terrier in them in relation to the toys. Molli is half jack Russel and half miniature Scottish terrier. She will not give up until every toy has the squeaky and the stuffing inside removed.

She also contributed to my new laminate flooring. But, I love that so no complaints!

You picked some great blogs and I hope you and Duke have a wonderful Saturday!

Congrats again...you are very deserving!
hugs,
Jackie and Mollipop!:-)

Donna said...

Congratulations! Haha, that Duke is a character! My pooch used to bark and get angry at the vacuum, LOL.

MadSnapper said...

thank you Ann, I will in future post 8 things about me, but not pass it on. I don't do the award thing, but i do appreciate you thinking of me. I loved all the info on Duke and there is about 75 percent of this that our dogs share. especailly the talking thing. Baby barks to say here thing adn Jake who is a non barker, uses sign language. he is really good at it.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Congrats, Ann! Hope you have a super weekend.

Helen said...

Congratulations on the award, Ann! and thank you so much for passing it on to me.

Miawa said...

Congrats Annie - have fun with that paper and glue.

Unknown said...

Eight things about Duke is very stylish. Well done!

Sandee said...

Congratulations on your newest award and the facts about Duke are awesome. That was a great way to do this award. Don't worry, I won't tell him he's not an 90 pound dog.

Have a terrific day. My best to Duke. :)

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your award! I loved learning more about Duke! Sadie doesn't realize she's as big as she is especially when she plays with the cats. We always make her stop so she doesn't smush them and she just doesn't understand that.

allotments4you said...

Congrats on the award Ann..you deserve it!!

Marg said...

Congrats on your award. That is terrific. We loved hearing all those things about Duke. Too cute pulling a jacket off a chair to have a snooze on. We think that is pretty smart. Glad you know how to tell your beans what to do and when to do it. Good training.
Hope you have a fun week end.

Cruise Addict said...

Congrats and style is a great award for such a trend setting doggie :-)

Catherine said...

Congratulations on you award Ann! And how fun to find out new things about sweet Duke!

Hope you hare having a wonderful weekend!
xo Catherine

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today! I think you came by way of Sandra? Duke is adorable! He's a terrior? But I can't place what kind. I love your Oreo turkeys! You have a lovely dining room, and I like the door reflection on the wall!! Congradulations in the award!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Great Duke trivia! First Butchy (remember him) also loved to be vacuumed. I thought that was normal till I grew up and met the rest of the dogs in the world!

Congrats, and I'll go check Barbara's blog

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. My family is from Pa.

Leeuna said...

congratulations on the award, Ann. And thanks for the 10 facts about Duke. We can never get enough of hearing about him. He is so adorable. Funny that he likes the vacuum hose. Thats great though. I wish our cat liked it.

Audrey said...

Congrats on the award - definitely well deserved!

I love to check out new blogs when I have time - will go see the ones that you found.

Donna said...

Congratulations on the award Miz Ann!!! Cool facts about the Duke!!
hughugs

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats on the award! You are indeed stylish!

Always love hearing about Duke!

Ann said...

out on the prairie I won't go out shopping on black friday, I hate the crowds. 50 miles is quite a ways to go for only 25 crafters, bummer

duni thanks, yes duke surprised me with the vacuum thing, I've never had a dog that liked it

livintheblues you have a style all your own :)

russ lol, claudia is afraid of the vacuum and you are afraid of having to use it right...lol

shinade it is a good thing we love them with all the damage they can do sometimes. I'm afraid of what Wade will do if Duke decides to do the same with the new floor.

donna all the other dogs I've ever had took off running

sandra duke has some very distinctive sounds sometimes that he makes, not all barking but more of a talking sound, although none of it actually sounds like real words

Jean thank you

helen you are most welcome

miawa thank you and I'll do my best

fishhawk I knew you would approve

sandee thanks for keeping the secret

beaded tail, thank you. I used to have a chocolate lab who didn't know how big he was, he thought he was a lap dog...lol

allotments4you thanks

marg thank you. I guess the jacket just makes him feel like we are right there with him or something.

man over board thanks so much

catherine thank you I knew you guys would enjoy learning about duke

ginny yep, came from Sandra's blog and yes Duke is a West Highland White Terrier

sharkbytes lol, yeah, dogs and vacuums aren't usually a mix but for some reason Duke loves it

ginny. cool

leeuna I know you guys love your Duke :)

audrey thanks, I'm sure you'll enjoy all of the blogs I know I do

donna thanks and glad you enjoyed them

bossy betty thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ann! I hope you get many more awards :-)

~Ron

Jackie said...

I'm just popping in to wish you a happy Sunday.

Are they hardwood or laminate? I was going to go with hardwood. But, after doing a little research and finding Pergo priced wrong accidentally at Lowe's...we went with laminate.

We both love it. It's hard to scratch and when an accident does happen...no stains, so far anyway!

I hope you and Wade have a great week. I am off to visit a few more. Then I need to tackle a little special writing project!

Hugs,
Jackie:-)

Jackie said...

Oh I hope you like my wave pictures...I think they may be a little on the abstract.

I was out all morning with the camera....going now for real!!:-)

Anne said...

Congrats on your award! It is very appropriate. I would love to see a video of Duke being vacuumed. Any chance of you posting one?

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You deserve the award - you have a wonderful blog! And I love your dog! :<) I wish I had one just like him!

Thank you for your kind words! Wishing you a day with sunshine!

Barbara Diane

Ann said...

the old geezer, thanks

shinade we went with laminate. my brother says it's all junk but we didn't buy the cheapest stuff out there and it had good reviews. I loved your wave pictures, they were great

anne thanks one of these days I'm going to get a video of that

whimcees thank you again for passing it on to me. I love your blog as well. Duke is a cutie that's for sure, he's been a real joy to have around

Related Posts with Thumbnails