To my delight and surprise I received the stylish blogger award from Barbara at Barbara's World of Whimcees. I just recently discovered Barbara's blog and I must say I just love it. She makes the cutest things. Every time I stop by and see one of her creations I want to pull out the paper and glue and make my own. If you've never been there you really should stop by and check it out.
So on with the award
Accepting this award, I am asked to do the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded me this award.
2. Share 8 things about myself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that I have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards.
I just shared 7 things about myself not too long ago so this time I'm going to tell you 8 things about Duke instead
1. Duke loves his toys. He loves to chase them, shake them and chew them. No stuffie shall ever retain it's stuffing if it's going to be one of Duke's toys.
2. I didn't figure Duke as a picky eater until I recently changed dog foods on him and he's been turning his nose up at it.
3. Duke goes back and forth between being a momma's boy and a daddy's boy. He spends more time with me but sometimes just wants to hang out and be one of the guys.
4. He loves to lay on clothes. If I leave a laundry basket sitting out I'll find him snoozing in it on top of the clean laundry. If I leave a jacket or sweater hanging on a chair he'll pull it down on the floor so he can lay on it.
5. Duke is the reason for the new dining room floor. He had a bad habit that resulted in a very disgusting looking spot on the carpet. All efforts to clean the spot were hopeless and the sun beating in through the door and heating that spot up on a daily basis only made things worse.
6. Duke doesn't know how small he is. He thinks that he is our big ferocious and fearless protector. (please don't break the news to him)
7. Duke is a talker. You can't always understand what he's saying but he'll help you figure it out. If I don't know what he's barking about I'll say "show me" (sometimes this needs to be said more than once) He'll then either go sit next to his water dish and bark again, or he'll go to the snack cupboard and put his nose to it then bark.
8. Duke loves to be vacuumed. He's the only dog I've ever had who doesn't head for the hills when the vacuum cleaner comes out. He sits there and watches and waits for me to pull the hose off of it so that he can have his turn.
Now who shall I pass this on to. I haven't really discovered many new blogs lately so I can't come up with 8
My choices are
Cheryl at Cards by Cheryl
Debbie at Designs by Debbie and Dixie too
Helen at Let's Create
Robert at Lost in the Frame of Life
Sandra at MadSnapper
Asma Ahmad at Simple Rhyme
Well I got close to 8 any way. Thank you again Barbara for sharing that wonderful award with me.