Saturday, April 6, 2019

Craft blast from the past part 3

Are you getting tired of my old craft projects yet? I have one more post tomorrow and then I'll move on to something else.

Yesterday Ginny reminded me of one that I almost forgot about. I've shown this on the blog before. This is a bunny made from a straw hat. It was spray painted white and over the years some of the paint has chipped off but it still isn't in too bad of shape.

In the past I have just hung this on the door like you see above. This year I had hung the spring wreath my daughter made for me a few years ago before I pulled the bunny out. I decided rather than replace the wreath I would just stuff the bunny into the center of it until after Easter. One wreath, two looks.


Next up is a rabbit that is made with a two liter pop bottle, a styrofoam ball and tea dyed tubs socks. I made a ton of these one year. This has also made an appearance on the blog before but here he is again.


Last up today is a stuffed gingham chick. He's cute but doesn't stand too well on his own. I always have to prop him up to keep him standing. This year he stands on my kitchen window sill and watches me while I do my dishes. I made 3 of these guys a long long time ago. This year two of them sit out and one has been rehomed and is living with my daughter now.

21 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I love seeing your craft projects!

Hootin Anni said...

Cute, cute, and more cute!!

MadSnapper said...

I vote you keep showing us old crafts because I may have seen all of these, but if I did I don't remember them... keep them coming.. the chick is adorable. he looks like sunshine.

Rose said...

I love them all! You are so creative!

Grace said...

Okay, I like the chick (a lot!) tho I still consider them duckies...Besides - Yellow!!!

Sandee said...

So cute. I love all things Easter and spring.

Have a fabulous day off Ann. Big hug to you and lots of lovies to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Out on the prairie said...

you could wear that hat as your easter bonnet LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have so many cute decorations! Love the hat bunny.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You remembered the right craft!! I like the way you put it in the wreath. I had bought all the things to make it, but could never get the hat right. My favorite is the chick, I will try him. It looks like no sewing, which I am allergic to. What are the body and head, some kind of ball? Hmmm, it may be just a bit to hard to replicate, but I have a lot of fabric scraps. Looks like you drew the eyes.

Kate said...

I LOVE that chick!! ^^

Marg said...

Oh I too love that chick. Just too cute. The bunnies are terrific too. Well done Ann.

Ann Thompson said...

Well I'm glad to hear it

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks

Ann Thompson said...

Chick, duck, close enough and of course yellow is a winner

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks, me too

Ann Thompson said...

Some people already think I'm nuts, I wear that hat and they'll have no doubts

Ann Thompson said...

The chick is soft, I think it was just a big ball of fiberfill stuffing. It's been so long since I made it it's hard to remember exactly what I did

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks. He was one of my favorites

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

agree with everyone else, "cute, cute and more cute" and so glad you see your stash of finished objects...

Duni said...

You have quite the Easter collection! The gingham chick is adorable :) I do remember the sock bunny!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails