Friday, April 12, 2019

All in a days work

When I'm low on blog material it's nice to have the occasional picture that I snap at work to use.

Last Friday I did this cake. They asked for gold, rose gold and wanted daisies. I told them I couldn't guarantee anything on the colors because I go by a color chart when mixing colors and it may not be exactly what they were picturing. I also told her that I'm more of a rose person so I wasn't sure about daisies. She said no problem just do whatever. I did mainly roses but threw in a few flowers that were daisy like but not great. My version of rose gold looked more like peach to me but I heard she was happy with it.



Yesterday while at work someone mentioned that it was one of the guys birthday. As a quick last minute thing I drew him a birthday cake on a piece of cardboard box. This is his redneck birthday card cake.


27 comments:

Grace said...

WOW - that cake is gorgeous!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a sweet thing to do for him! Cute,too. The cake is lovely, and the flowers do look like daisies!

crafty cat corner said...

Beautiful cake Anne and the daisies are fine.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

It's so very pretty!! But, the redneck cake ... well, that takes the cake!!

MadSnapper said...

i agree with Ginny, the cake is beautiful and I love the daisies. even more than the roses.. good idea on the card at the last moment

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely decorated cake and what a fun card cake.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

BeadedTail said...

The cake is lovely! You did a great job with the daisies!

Pam said...

So love the fast, throw together things that we do from time to time! Loving the redneck cake. That is cute. The other cake looks great too.

Kate said...

The cake is beautiful and I love the card - just bet Isaac, did too. ^^

Sandee said...

The cake is awesome. I would love it. I took a piece.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The cake is beautiful! Love the card. Enjoy your weekend.

Out on the prairie said...

both cakes are nice, but that first one is a masterpiece

CheerfulMonk said...

That first cake is beautiful, and the second one very clever!

Rose said...

I would sure be happy with that cake...it is beautiful. And LOL at the birthday card.

Ann said...

Thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. I could use a little practice on the daisies though

Ann said...

thanks

Ann said...

I giggled the whole way through making the redneck cake. I entertain myself so easily

Ann said...

Thanks. I think I need to practice a little though so if anyone else asks for them they'll look better

Ann said...

I entertained myself making the redneck cake

Ann said...

Yes, Isaac said he enjoyed the card

Ann said...

Glad you were able to snag a piece of the cake. No calories there either :)

Ann said...

why thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. I was kind of stressing over the colors on the first cake. I always do that when someone asks for something specific like that

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

both splendid renditions of the cake needs...

Dr Sonia S V said...

The roses and daisies look fabulous Ann
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Duni said...

I think the cake turned out beautiful, including the daisies but especially the roses :) I would be afraid to cut it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails