Thursday, April 11, 2019

Trying something different

One of you, and I can't remember who, told me about a YouTube channel to check out. Would you believe I don't even remember what the YouTube channel is any more. But I did go check it out and I did watch a couple videos. The one I thought looked like fun was the wood burning she did and then painted it. I have a wood burning tool and I have lots of wood pieces that I can practice on.

So far this is as far as I have gotten with it. I need to go over it again with the wood burning tool and then I can paint


I found the bunny online and used that and the text tool in photoshop to make a picture the size of the round wood piece. I taped the picture to the wood then traced over it to make an indent in the wood. Then I went over the indent lightly with a pencil and then finally over the pencil mark with the wood burning tool.

Now the big question is, will I finish this before Easter?

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gosh, what an inventive technique! Yes, you will finish it before Easter, because we are waiting for it!

Rose said...

I think it's very nice...and hopecyou do finish it.

Kate said...

You clever girl, you! I look forward to the finished piece although it looks nice as it is.

Lin said...

It's always fun to try something new. Have fun with it!

Sandee said...

Well, maybe you'll work on it some more on Saturday and then finish it on Monday. That would work. Cute.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of lovies to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Annsterw said...

That is adorable! I woudl be afraid to work with a wood burner...I am not the steadiest of hand! HA! I get third degree burns when I use my hot glue gun! HA! Annster's Domain

Out on the prairie said...

I use a graphite stick on the back of the picture, covering all the area and then tape it to what I want to trace on.Like carbon paper and easy to do.

Ann said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now I HAVE to finish so I don't let you down...lol

Ann said...

I'm not much of a painter so I might be better off leaving it like it is

Ann said...

Even more fun if you're good at it right away...lol I can see that there is a learning curve here

Ann said...

I've burned myself so many times with my glue gun but so far I've been ok with the wood burner

Ann said...

that sounds like a good plan to me

Ann said...

I've done that in the past but just used a plain old pencil

Ann said...

thanks. I hope I do too

CheerfulMonk said...

It doesn't matter if you finish before this Easter --- the main thing is to enjoy doing it. You have me itching to do wood burning again. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

Ann said...

You are so right. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

agree with CM - the process is the key - and maybe it won't be finished for this 2019 but imagine taking it out next year for the same festival...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's looking really cute. You certainly are talented and creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails