Thursday, April 4, 2019

Craft blast from the past part 1

Since I can't motivate myself to do new crafts I thought I would take a little trip back in time and show you some from way back. These are from a different lifetime.

My crafting obsession started with plastic canvas. For a while it was a big thing. I know it's still out there but I don't see as many things about it any more. That sounds like a good place to start. I thought of this when I was going through my Easter decorations. There are a lot of handmade things that I no longer put out but haven't gotten rid of.

First up is two doorknob hangers. At the time I thought they were pretty cute but now not so much.


These sat out for many years. They are a little beat up from not being carefully packed away but not in too bad of shape. These also no longer come out of the box.


This one I don't think ever got hung. After I finished it I didn't like it much


Rounding out this group is a little basket and a bunny box.

For the longest time I had supplies laying around for this type of craft but I have absolutely no interest in doing it any more. I gave all the supplies as well as some books with patterns to a girl I worked with who enjoyed doing it.

Tomorrow I have 3 different bunnies to show you.

23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Boy, you have really progressed! I like the ones in the last picture the best. The basket is gorgeous! A lady in our church does plastic canvas, and gives them as gifts.

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwww... these are darling, Ann! I still love plastic canvas... especially tissue box covers. I haven't stitched one in years but I still have the supplies to do so. I think plastic canvas is a nice "not fussy" sort of craft that's easy to do while watching tv or whatever. I have patterns for tissue box covers for every season & holiday. I should get out one for Easter and stitch it up. Probably won't happen but it's a good idea anyway. *haha* Love, Andrea xoxo

Lin said...

Reminds me of my cross-stitch days.

Annsterw said...

Those are so adorable!!! I used to love plastic canvas! I have a ton of Halloween plastic canvas creations! Those are great! Annster's Domain

Kate said...

They are all so lovely Ann!

Sandee said...

So cute. I love all the colors of Easter.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

I had to look up plastic canvas...and I assume you cut it yourself to make the different shapes? I like the little ducky and the basket and the bunny box...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are really cute. I've never tried that craft item.

Out on the prairie said...

Like what you always make.Poor Gibbs, being set aside for silly wabbits.I hope he gets an Easter Basket

Ann said...

It used to be such a huge craft and it's popularity has died out quite a bit but there are still some who enjoy it

Ann said...

I did a ton of different things including tissue box covers. For years my Christmas tree was decorated entirely with plastic canvas ornaments. My daughter was upset when I stopped hanging them but over the years they got very ragged looking

Ann said...

I tried cross stitch and I never did much with it. I guess I didn't think I was very good at it

Ann said...

I did plastic canvas for ever holiday. Some I still have and some was given away.

Ann said...

Thanks. They have survived quite a few years. All of these were probably done back in the 80's

Ann said...

Easter and spring do have some pretty colors

Ann said...

Yep, you have to cut it. You can buy circles or it comes in rectangular sheets and you cut according to whatever pattern you're doing.

Ann said...

Uh oh, I think I better get going on putting a basket together for Gibbs..

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

interesting where we "come from" and then "where we go" and sometimes we go the full circle and use something from our past with a "now twist" - like the way you are looking and sharing the past with us...including what you want to share, even the lot you never cared for but you've kept...

CheerfulMonk said...

I think they're sweet! They make me smile.

Rose said...

These are all nice! I cannot pick a favorite.

Ann said...

Well thanks.

Ann said...

Thanks. I think after looking at them all for so many years I've gotten tired of them...lol

Duni said...

These are impressive, Ann! I'm not sure I have the patience for cross stiching :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails