Saturday, April 1, 2023

A new chapter

 You all know how stressed I've been at work. I've made the decision to quit my job and dedicate all my time to crafting. I'm handing in my two weeks notice today and then I'll be off and running. Initially I'll be selling my crafts at local consignment shops but plan on opening an online store once I've built up my inventory.

I'm seriously excited for this new adventure. Of course I'll have to make some budget cuts until this really get going but I'm sure it won't be much of a problem.

I'm still not sure exactly what my business name is going to be.

I can't decide if I want to got with Handmade by Ann or April Fools.

Yes, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had to play some kind of joke today. While the idea of quitting my job and doing crafts all day sounds like fun, I have no desire to sell. 

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I KNEW you would never do this. So I guessed your trick! It sure is nice to dream about it though, I bet.

CheerfulMonk said...

I was surprised, but I fell for it. I do tend to be gullible. 😊

Anni said...

Never crossed my mind other than an April fool's prank!!

MadSnapper said...

we know you well, at first i was reading the first 2 lines to bob and then I stopped and said, oh she got me, its april fools day. bob had no idea it is or what it is. ha ha... it is a great fantasy but as a retiree I can tell you being home all day is not all grrreat. still glad I am though. but the price we pay for retirement is OLD AGE

Donna said...

Not ONE inch did I fall for it! You're a diehard worker...
I don't like selling either...give me FB marketplace anytime!Lolol
Good try girlie!
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I thought man, she is brave! I have not had one single thought of it being April Fool's day!

Jeanette said...

Ha ha! That was a good one!














Lori said...

That was a good one!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I did find it hard to believe that you were going to give a notice.

Barwitzki said...

Congratulations on following your dreams... not many can do that. And most of all, I wish you a great start and every success.
I also have a great deal of manual dexterity and I can understand that selling is not your thing... but it has to be...
and yes... April, April, he doesn't know what he wants - especially the 1.

happyone said...

I did fall for it but wondered how you could make enough money doing that.
That was a good one!! :)

Debbie said...

Well, you had me! :) I was on board and about to congratulate you :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I fell for it too! hahaha! But your crafts are so good....still it's hard to make a living selling handmade items. Happy Sunday!

Ida said...

I'm playing catch up here so at first I thought you were serious until I looked at the date of the post. - Yeah it would be fun to craft all day but then again selling stuff is so hard to do.

Lin said...

Aw, gees. I fell for it. And I was so happy for you! You stinker. :)

DeniseinVA said...

You had me going ;)

DeniseinVA said...

You had me going :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails