Sunday, April 23, 2023

When things go wrong...

... as they sometimes will, then you need to learn from the mistake. Enjoy the process and start all over again.

I was stamping these butterflies and all was going well until I added the bodies. The two larger butterflies were fine but the body on the small one slipped and I didn't notice it. OOPS!!!

I was working on this die cut butterfly and I glued it together wrong. I was watching video instructions and they were going too fast and made it hard to see where things were getting glued. OOPS!!!

I'm really not showing these to point out my mistakes. Or rather my artistic flair. I'm showing them because it's always nice to know that mistakes happen to the best of us. They aren't the end of the world. 

Tomorrow I will show you what happened when I got things right.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have busted your reputation as the perfect crafter! Good to know you are more like all of us, just a wee bit more creative.

CheerfulMonk said...

Thanks for showing them to us. ❤️

MadSnapper said...

Can't wait to see the butterfly back where it belongs.thanks for letting us know you are not perfect, now I will feel better that I am also not perfect. you did good to show it, i delete my errors and no one get to see them.

Pam said...

HAHA...just so you learn from them

Donna said...

It's going to be perfect! It's like when my husband's granny was trying to teach me to crochet...All I hear in my head is, "honey, you need to rip it out...".
Over and over but I finally got it!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Mistakes happen to us all. Sometimes what comes out of it is even better than we were trying for.

crafty cat corner said...

I think that butterfly was having an 'out of body experience' lol
Briony
x

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, we all make mistakes.

Lin said...

It happens. The hardest part is accepting defeat and not beating yourself up. I just finished a big quilt top and it is a MESS! So many mistakes. And I am so angry at myself for not taking my time and ripping it out as I went along. I was so cocky. Yeah...I paid the price.

DeniseinVA said...

Good for you! We all make mistakes at some time or the other, and if we didn't make those mistakes (I've made plenty), how would we appreciate those perfect moments? Looking forward to seeing your finished butterfly card, I can see from this one that it will look great.

happyone said...

No one is perfect! :). We all make mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

100% agree. It's not the end of the world. I find that in mistakes I learn bunches. I like that bit. And then sometimes I make a mistake in reading my own formula that I wrote for a bake and I change something and that mistake turns out delicious.

I'll take it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails