Thursday, April 6, 2023

Random stuff.

Because I am totally in love with that card that I made yesterday, I made another one. This time it's brown. It just gets cuter every time I look at it. 
Tuesday at work we had a new hire working with us. I ended up accidentally cutting my finger on the slicer in the deli. I immediately told the deli person and then I proceeded to wrap my finger in a paper towel to get it to stop bleeding. The new hire walks over to me with a box of Band-Aids and a very concerned look on his face. I told him no big deal I'm fine. Next thing I know he walks back over and says can you do me a favor. I say okay what is it and he says could you please just sit down. I again told him I'm fine really it's no big deal. I'm not quite sure why he was so insistent about me sitting down but it kind of amused me. The deli manager told me yesterday that he was really upset for some reason that I wouldn't sit down.

The weather here has finally taken a turn for the better. We've had temperatures reaching 60 and yesterday when I left work it was actually 77

14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That new hire sounds like a caring person. That was sweet. ❤️

MadSnapper said...

I think/hope this new hire may be a keeper... wonder if he has a thing about blood and would need to sit down if it happened to him. glad it wasn't bad enough for you to NEED to sit... this bunny is absolutely precious. he would be nice on a stick to stand in a basket. agree with you that this one is even cuter than the other one

Grace said...

For some reason this bunny looked like he had a different face and while I prefer bright/light colors I do believe he IS the cutest one yet. And, new employee? Sounds like he is going to be a real asset (for a change).

Donna said...

Aww...Love your bunny! Turned out great!!
Your co-worker probably was worried you'd faint. Did you lose a lot of blood?? Serious cut? Stitches needed?
Well, maybe he's just a caring guy...
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

I love this bunny too!
It sounds like your new coworker may be a good guy to have around. Hope your finger is OK.

Hootin Anni said...

The new guy sounds like a keeper?!??
Bunny is chocolatey and sweet.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hmmm, what an interesting story. How old is this guy? It would depend on how bad your cut was to find out if he was overreacting. A cut on those slicers is no joke! I recently cut my finger on a mandolin, and it would not stop bleeding, the doctor had to put surgical foam on it to stop it, then a brace. anyway, we need to know more about the new guy. The new bunny looks more like a real rabbit, and is even cuter!

Lin said...

Sorry about your finger, but how nice to have someone actually CARE!!

Jeanette said...

Super cuter cards! We are warming up here a little too. Yesterday it hit 70 but it was raining and the humidity was ridiculous! I hope it's not a sign of things to come!

happyone said...

It was nice that the new hire was concerned for you. Makes a nice difference. :)

Rose said...

I wonder why the concern that you should sit down??? I am glad it was nothing too bad. Yesterday morn or the morn before i cut myself just a tiny bit...had forgot and left my rotary cutter with the blade exposed and I just barely touched it...it just just a tiny, tiny nick.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray for the nice weather. Ours is getting better too.
So sorry about your finger. Now go sit down...LOL!

DeniseinVA said...

He sounds like a very caring guy, sorry you cut your finger. We had a few hot days and now it's back to the low 50s. I'm not moaning, could be worse :) Not had too much snow this year.

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. your bunny card is great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails