Thursday, April 13, 2023

it's about time

Last Saturday I finally did it. I forced myself to suck it up, and get the bathroom painted. After I had my morning coffee I got to work. First I had to paint over the new drywall with primer I also used the primer to help cover up some stenciling that was along the top of the wall. Then I went to get the can of paint from the basement. Unfortunately it wasn't any good. Why do I not check these things ahead of time? I made a quick run to Walmart and bought a gallon of paint. The plan had been to go with the antique white but since that didn't work out I bought gray paint. I'll add here that I not only hate painting but I might possibly be the world's worst painter. It's not perfect but it's done.

This picture was taken before I put the towel bar back up and shelf that I hang on that wall on the right. Plus my rugs were still in the dryer. I have a couple spots that I have to go back over and there are a few spots where I hit the ceiling and I need to go over those. I taped off most everything except the ceiling. Big mistake but live and learn.

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray! Time to celebrate and do something fun.

e said...

Looks nice from here. Job well done.

MadSnapper said...

I love the gray, it looks beautiful and we need a new photo with rugs and towels hanging. never enough photos or too many either. also what will be on the shelf?
good job even if you did procrastinate, it is DONE. yay

Donna said...

Well done!! I love the grey...you can use so many accent colors with it...
Rest!
hugs
Donna

Hootin Anni said...

My choice was gray all along. It's pretty!!

Lori said...

Great job. It looks really nice. Isn't it nice to finally check things that you've been putting off from the list? I have a number of them.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hurrah, you did good! And the walls now are a perfect match to the shower curtain!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

It never fails, that no matter how careful you are, you are going to get some on the ceiling. Very satisfying project though!

DeniseinVA said...

Well, from this angle it looks great!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you had to run out to get pain but I like how it looks. I think you did a nice job and I do like the gray.

happyone said...

Looks good in the picture. I'm not a fan of painting either but like to see it done.

Rose said...

I would say want to come paint mine...but am at daughter's now...so she is a painter.

Alarico Adalbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails