Tuesday, April 4, 2023

shaker card

I came across a picture of a really cute shaker card and decided I wanted to try and copy it. This is the card that I saw


Mainly I wanted to copy the lamb with the shaker part. I didn't necessarily need an exact duplicate. So it was off to Cricut design space to see what I could come up with. His wooly head may be a bit too big and his eyes might look a little on the goofy side but all in all I thought he was rather cute.


It's called a shaker card because the body of the lamb is filled with glitter and sequins that move around when you shake it. Here's the inside of the card.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That one card is fifty eight dollars? Am I losing my mind or what! Yours is cuter anyway.

Hootin Anni said...

Ann, that's a perfect copy if you ask me!!!
By the way, did you ever decide what color to paint your bathroom walls (did I miss a post on that)?

MadSnapper said...

I like yours better and the price is a lot better

He is adorable. Now we need to know how you did the shaker. Did you have one on hand

Lori said...

How cute is that? I love it.

Donna said...

I Love your's and I don't think it cost $58 dollars! Wow!
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

That ui s so fun!

Pam said...

After reading the title of todays post I was a bit curious as to what a SHAKER card was, so I had to read on. I first thought of shaker style cabinets!! lol.....sorry, running slow this morn. Cute card.

Jeanette said...

That is super cute!

Lin said...

It's adorable!! You did an amazing job! Don't point out what you think is wrong...let others think that is your "artistic flair"...IF they even notice! We do that as humans...point out our "mistakes." Personally....I don't see anything odd with the card! It's so CUTE!

Sandee said...

Cute, cute and cute. I love the colors of Spring/Easter.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is really cute. At first I thought what is a shaker card. Then I saw the second photo and saw the belly full of sequins.

happyone said...

$58! That's crazy. Your very cute card is just as good!!!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Well done! ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

What a great card, and an impressive copy of the original, just as good and even better. Never knew the term shaker card. How clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails