Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Monday

Even though I would have rather had my regular day off, yesterday wasn't so bad. I thought I could be done by 10:00 but ended up being there until. 11:00 which wasn't too bad. Then I went home, ate lunch, and took a nap.
The new hire I had talked about the other day was scheduled in the deli. At 7:00 he wasn't there. I went looking for the store manager he said that the new guy was in the bathroom. 10 minutes later he finally comes into the deli. So we get started, he's new so I gave him some pointers here and there. That was when I noticed him rolling his eyes. A little bit later I said to him I'm not sure how late I'm going to be here but before I leave I will find out about who it's going to cover your lunch. Then he says to me I'm not sure how late I'm going to be here either because I'm not feeling well. I sent him on break and about 5 minutes later he comes back. Apparently he went to the store manager and asked if they could go down the deli list and find a replacement for him. Seriously? You have a job in the deli because we just don't have enough workers for the area. One is off on a medical leave, the deli manager is in the hospital. So new higher went home. Kids these days I just wanted to tell him to suck it up buttercup.

Bright spot of the day was when I came home and noticed I have daffodils

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds like he maybe had diarrhea. But anyway, something is always wrong with everyone they hire for the bakery! You are the only solid and reasonable one of the bunch! I guess because it is so hard to get help nowadays. Around here, places are just begging for employees. To the point where the fast food places are advertising that new help can set their own hours. Wonder why no one wants to work, and how they are all supporting themselves?

CheerfulMonk said...

That's too bad. 😟 Hopefully he was really sick and he will turn out all right. Fingers crossed! You deserve to have some decent help.

Lori said...

I'm hoping he turns out to be ok but that is a little questionable that he already is going home sick. There seems to be so many that just do not want to work. I can't help but wonder how they support themselves. I heard the woman in front of me tell a cashier at Hobby Lobby to have a nice day in a snarky tone. I hadn't been paying attention so I didn't get it. Well after he waited on me I got it. He never said one word and never once made eye contact. I don't know how they're going to make it in life.

MadSnapper said...

there is a bug going around up there, have seen in on a couple of blogs.. lets hope it was a real sick day and he changes. please do not hold your breather while we wait. ha ha.... remember my friend Jackies daughter started at 5 am at Publix bakery/deli and lasted 4 days before she quit without notice. she said the work was to HEAVY... they did tell her there was lifting up to 50 lbs at times, she also quit the library after 2 years for the same reason. 30 years old. ov vey

Donna said...

Well....the guy who hires needs to be tougher in his interviews. I could always tell who wasn't afraid of a little hard work. Sorry you have to pick up the slack!
hugs
Donna

Pam said...

Its a new generation of KIDS that don't want to work. You and I came from a different breed. I got a 22 yr grandson that is so afraid to work that he spends more time trying to figure out how to get out of work, and he could have had the job done....

Hootin Anni said...

What a shame with the new hire I won't be surprised if he doesn't return.

Sandee said...

Bless his heart. Poor thing is going to have a tough time in the real world.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lin said...

Ugh. No wonder he wanted you to sit down when you cut your hand! He just wanted to sit down with you! Hahaha! It's really not funny....I'm sorry.

happyone said...

Too bad about the new hire. Seems really hard to find good and reliable workers!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh boy, so sorry to know your new hire isn't up to stuff. I hope it works out.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The daffodils are so pretty. You're right, they don't want to work! I pray that this changes because every company, stores and more need employees.

Alarico Adalbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails