Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Tuesday

Yesterday new hire was scheduled to work in the bakery. That meant that I needed to train. Let's just add here, that I hate training. I have absolutely no patience for it whatsoever. With that being said it was rather a frustrating day for me to watch him. I realize he is just learning but for me it's a very frustrating experience. At one point he asked me a question that in my opinion required a smart-ass answer. He says to me you remind me of my grandmother. So I asked him is that a crack on my age? And he said no you have the same attitude that my grandmother has. I kind of think I might like his grandmother.

For the sweet side of my job I came up with a new creation. It is a sugar cookie baked in a cupcake pan. When it comes out of the oven I used a small sprinkle bottle to make an indentation in the cookie. Then I added either raspberry or lemon filling and topped it with a whipped cream frosting. They are delicious

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, this looks delicious! I wish our grocery store bakery had creative people like you. I bet you are a good teacher!

CheerfulMonk said...

I love that idea for the cookie. Good for you! The store and your customers are lucky to have you.

MadSnapper said...

If i worked in a bakery i would weigh 500 lbs in the first year. these look and sound super delish.. hang in there on the training..

Donna said...

Such a troublemaker, you are!! I LOVE the cookie idea!
Also like the kid trying to get on your good side by implying you sound like someone he obviously loves. Too sweet...
You're a good teacher, Miss Ann! Hang in there...
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Hang in there. I have to do orientations with new hires here and I do NOT like it at all so I understand your feelings.
The cookie/cupcakes are gorgeous! Great idea. Have a good day.

Hootin Anni said...

That cookie idea is a winner!
Thankfully, I never had to train anyone, but if seems willing to learn, maybe he:s not so bad after all.

happyone said...

The cookie cupcake idea looks delicious.
Perhaps God is teaching you patience with the new hire. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Those do sound delicious, and I think I would have liked his grandmother too.

Sandee said...

I loved training. Did it most of my career. I had to chuckle over the grandmother comment.

Oh the new goodies. I want one or two.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

e said...

That kid is lucky to have you!

Grandma C said...

Those look yummy.
You will do fine training this one, its the young guys like him I find turn out to be my favorites.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm guessing he was being nice to you. Sorry you have to do training.
Those cookies sound delicious.

Alarico Adalbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails