Friday, April 28, 2023

TGIF

 I am so happy it's Friday and I have tomorrow off. Work is just kicking my butt lately. It's been crazy with orders and I'm not finding time to get all my regular work done. 

For this Saturday we have an order for 25 dozen donuts. Next Wednesday there is a standing order for 3 dozen and another order for 18 dozen donuts. The following Thursday I have an order for 36 dozen donuts. I'm kind of stressing out about getting them all done and trying to figure out how early I need to get there to have them done on time. 

A few of you mentioned yesterday about the boss's wife only selling the property. I agree, it doesn't make sense to me. Not much I can do about it either way though so I'm going to try and not worry until I have to.

The doctors appointment yesterday didn't really give me any answers. I've been feeling drained and achy plus I've had some concerns about a few incidents I've had over the past year with pain in my arm and chest. She did an EKG in the office yesterday and said that looked fine but said that's just 30 seconds out of a 24 hour day. She did some blood work to check for other things. She said the things I described point to heart issues but she wants to rule out other things before she sends me to a cardiologist. I should know today how the blood work comes back. If everything is good there then she'll do a few more tests on Monday.

12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you have a day off, and that you went to the doctor. It's crazy that you don't have help for your "regular work" when you have so many orders to do too. Fingers crossed the work and tension eases up. ❤️

Ginny Hartzler said...

Please continue to let me know, I will be praying about this!!

MadSnapper said...

that is a ton of donuts. now I want to know do you fry or bake? they must be good to sell so many of them.. must be a lot parties going on in your town. yay for a day off and for the doc visit. tests and more tests, the only way to know.. the blood tells a lot. did you get the blood drawn or still have to do that?

Donna said...

Glad you're getting things checked out...An EKG is useless unless you're in the middle of an actual heart event. Something else to ding your insurance for...Hurray for being sent to the Cardiologist...you'll get answers with him or her.
Stress doesn't help! Those orders will get done when they're done...try not to stress about it sweet friend!
Happy Weekend!
Donna

Rose said...

Those are huge orders...no wonder you are stressing. I hope you can get some answers from your dr.

Lori said...

That is a LOT of donuts. I'm glad you went to the doctor, and I hope everything turns out ok. Enjoy your Friday off!!

Sandee said...

I wonder if how you're feeling has to do with your crazy work schedule? You're worrying about getting things done on time and that's most draining.

Have a fabulous Friday and day off tomorrow. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Jeanette said...

I'm glad you are getting things checked out. Those kind of symptoms are nothing to sneeze at! Especially for us women who's symptoms of heart problems are different and easy to confuse with something else.

Pam said...

I hope you get answers soon. Its a pain waiting on test but worse waiting on answers the test might tell you

happyone said...

Glad you have the day off.
That's a lot of orders you have to fill.
Maybe part of your health concern in just STRESS. That can do a number on your body!

DeniseinVA said...

Good grief Ann, that's a lot of orders to deal with. I worked in a small restaurant for several years where I was always baking things like baking scones and quiches and making soups. I know that work is never ending. I had a good laugh when watching an old British TV cops and robbers show once. The two police officers were discussing who was the culprit that had been located in a restaurant. He said, "My money's on the chef, the food industry is super-stressful, and all those knives about you know." It was meant to be humorous, though a bit on the dark side, and have to admit I laughed out loud, so I hope this gives you a smile. Working in the food industry has a reputation for being stressful. Hope the doctor comes back with those tests soon.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I imagine this time of year with cakes is a busy one too, although it appears that donuts are a big seller. Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Praying all is going to be okay. ((Hugs)) Keep me posted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails